Saturday, November 22, 2008

Leaving Kenya

It is hard to believe that my time in Kenya is coming to a close as I leave on Sunday to come home. The week has been packed with excitement and a lot of emotions. I had the privilege to visit somany children and parents in the hospital, witness the incredible workof the surgeons, and enjoy the wonderful hospitality of so many here in Kenya.

I believe that what we are doing at St. Vincent is making an incredible impact on the work at Bethany both financially and also from a support perspective. They are so encouraged that students, parents, and teachers are so involved in their work.

This trip would not have been possible without the support andecouragement of a lot of people. The staff of St. Vincent have been behind this project from the start and their work with the students really got this project going. Their professionalism, talents, and commitment to their faith has allowed me to be out of the school for such a long time. The parents of our community continue to humble me with their genorosity. As soon as I mentioned the trip, everyone started to ask: "How can I help". All of the gifts have been so well received. To the students of St. Vincent - your words, actions, prayers, and support continue to inspire me and I hope you know how much you have inspired the doctors and patients here in Kenya. I have told them that you will continue to pray for them. Our Director ofEducation, Mr. Paulter and our Oakville Superintendent, Mrs. Tessari, have also provided tremdous support to allow this to happen. Finally,and most importantly, I thank my wife Sarah and my daughter Fiona whoI have missed terribly while here. I can't wait to see them.

I am down in the Masai Mara right now for a quick safari to end the trip. As everyone says: you can't go to Africa without going on safari! I will be taking photos of as many amazing animals as I can.
I look forward to seeing everyone next week and sharing more storiesthan I was able to post on this blog.

Sincere thanks to everyone for following the blog. I may post fromNairobi airport on Sunday if I can.







No comments: